US-10 Female Pelvic Ultrasound Phantom
Two interchangeable inserts to cover basic gyn ultrasound.
1. Both transvaginal and transabdominal scanning are possible.
2. Two types of interchangeable phantom inserts with different pathologies
3. Realistic view of female external genital
4. Excellent ultrasound image quality
The pelvic phantom is unique in that it allows for transabdominal and transvaginal scanning. Though transvaginal scanning is the gold standard for gyn and 1st trimester pregnancy, it is still important to recognize the anatomy from the transabdominal aspect, as patients may present with anatomy and /or pathology that is outside the transvaginal field of view. The transabdominal technique is still a valuable part of assessing the female pelvis. This phantom also provides imaging of normal and abnormal anatomy so that normal protocol can be practiced while still learning to recognize life threatening pathology, such as an ectopic pregnancy. Other pathology such as endometrial cancer and ovarian cysts can also be identified. In a learning environment, this phantom provides a balance of normal and abnormal that will assist in developing the critical thinking skills necessary to successfully evaluate the female pelvis.
Ectopic pregnancy phantom
- 1 lower torso manikin
- 1 ultrasound pathology unit
- 1 ultrasound ectopic pregnancy unit
- 1 storage case
- Instruction manual
phantom size: approx. W34xD33xH24cm/W13.4xD13xH9.5in
weight: approx. 6.5kg/14.5lb
*Specifications are subject to change.
- Handling and manipulation of transvaginal and transabdominal transducers
- Interpretation of sonogram
- Visualization and localization of anatomies and pathologies